learning • access • service • community • collaboration
What We Aspire to Be
The Nancy Carol Roberts Memorial Library aspires to be:
- A welcoming place where reading, learning, and imagination thrive
- A place where users are empowered by the most appropriate resources, services, access, and information to expand their world
- A leading presence and respected voice in our community
The purpose of the Nancy Carol Roberts Memorial Library is to serve all the residents of Brenham and Washington County by offering resources, services, and facilities which meet their informational, educational, and recreational needs.
A Message from the Librarian:
Welcome to the Nancy Carol Roberts Memorial Library!
I deeply believe that libraries are capable of changing people’s lives by providing the right tools, programs, and services that support their lifelong learning needs and goals.
I also believe in intellectual freedom, equal access to information for all citizens, and the importance of the literary and cultural heritage of Brenham and Washington County. With that in mind, I want to ensure that our library encourages all citizens to read and collaborate in order to build a culture of literacy and community involvement. My team and I strive to provide a friendly and safe environment in our state-of-the-art facility equipped with advanced tools that promote innovation, spark everyone’s curiosity, and inspire patrons from all walks of life to learn and discover something new and exciting every day, within and beyond the library building.
We want you to always feel welcome; please contact me if there is anything I can do to make your experience more rewarding and enjoyable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting a library card is easy for ages 5 and up! The first step, come to the library with a photo ID with your current Texas address. If you are under 16 years of age you need to have a parent/legal guardian with you.
- 3 weeks, 3 renewals is the standard loan period for most items
- 7 days with 3 renewals for DVDs
- 7-days with 1 renewal for Wi-Fi SmartSpots
We charge fees for printing, copies, faxing, and replacement cards. Here is our fee chart:
Library Card: No Charge
- Suggested Donation for Out of County Library Cards: $10.00
- Replacement Card: $2.00
- Fines Per Day Per Item: $0.10
- Maximum Fine and Account Suspended: $ 5.00
Lost and Damaged Library Materials
- Books, Audio, Videos, Etc.: Cost of Item
- Processing Fee for Items: $5.00
- Desktop Print: $0.25
- Wireless Print $0.25
- Copier Print Black and White: $0.10
- Copier Print Color: $0.25
- Microfilm Print $0.25
Fax and Scan
- Faxing Fees Will Be Determined By Vendor
- Scan: No Charge
- Postage and Handling: $3.00
The network is accessible from anywhere inside of the library and in many areas adjacent to the library building. Look for the cobwifi network and “Click Here” to accept the terms of the City of Brenham’s sign-in screen.
These are ways you can extend the due date on checked out items:
- Items will automatically be renewed up to 3 times if no one else has reserved them
- Using our website
- Use our self-check machines inside the library
- By calling us at 979-337-7201
- Come into the library with your library card and one of the helpful staff members will renew the items for you at our Circulation Desk