Sanitation / Recycle / Collection
979-922-5958 (collection station)
979-337-7520 (customer service/billing)
979-337-7440 (residential & commercial - questions/changes/assistance)
Collection/Transfer & Recycling Station Information
Collection/Transfer & Recycling Station Hours
Operated by BVR
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturdays: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
2009 Old Chappell Hill Road
Brenham, TX 77833
What are Hazardous Materials?
- Regulated Hazardous Waste
- Poly Chlorinated Biphenyls (PCB's) wastes, as defined under 40 Cfr, Part 761
- Lead-acid storage batteries
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) used motor oil
- Used oil filters from internal combustion engines
- Whole used or scrap tires in the waste load
- Items containing chlorinated fluorocarbons (CFC's)
- Liquid waste (any waste material determined to contain "free liquids" as deemed by EPA Method 9095B (paint filter test); as described in "Test Methods for Evaluating Solid Waste, Physical-Chemical Methods" (EPA Publication Number sw-846))
- Regulated Asbestos Containing Materials
- Industrial solid waste
The Citizens Collection Station is a full-service Collection/Transfer Station operated by BVR Waste and Recycling. Waste is brought to the center by businesses and citizens, as well as BVR Waste and Recycling through residential and commercial collections daily. The Collection Station is open to the public.
The waste picked up at your curb and brought to the station by a BVR Waste and Recycling truck is compacted and strategically placed into transfer trailers, maximizing weights at 20-22 tons per trailer. The transfer station also accepts waste from private haulers and waste companies. Once a trailer is full, it is then hauled to the Twin Oaks Landfill in Carlos, TX. The transfer station is regulated to dispose of 125 tons per day. On average the station handles 90-100 tons of compacted and non-compacted waste per day.
At this location, 2009 Old Chappell Hill Rd, businesses and customers can purchase mulch by the ton. This product is produced on-site from yard waste that is ground using a specialized grinder. First, yard waste is ground utilizing 3'x5' screens and then allowed to age and break down. After aging for approximately 4-6 months, this product is ground through a set of 2'x2' screens which produces a darker, finer product. This product can be used to enhance soil conditions or provide a moisture barrier for landscaping purposes.
A recycling drop-off area is also located for those residents and businesses who are not part of a recycling program. If you currently are a city resident or a business who is paying for a recycling program you will be allowed to use the recycling drop-off facility free of charge. All other customers will be charged a $45/per year fee plus tax for annual access. This is a one-time, annual payment to utilize the recycling drop-off center.
If you have any questions about the Collection/Transfer Station or Recycling Drop-Off Facility located at 2009 Old Chappell Hill Rd please contact BVR Waste and Recycling at 979-922-5958. Please contact BVR Waste and Recycling at 979-922-5958 to set up large accounts.
Residential Collection Information
Jump to topic:
Everything you need to know about the transition from City of Brenham to BVR Waste and Recycling
- Residents receive TWO carts: one for garbage and one for recycling.
- Garbage collection days will not be the same as recycling collection days.
- When is my collection day & what goes where? - use the collection calendar above, download the app for apple or android, or call 979-337-7440 to find out your collection schedule.
- Holidays: Curbside Pickup will not be collected on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
What to do for garbage, recycling, and brush
- Garbage should be bagged, tied, and securely stored in your cart with the lid closed; otherwise, the collection truck will not be able to empty it
- Items too large to fit in your cart should be taken to the transfer station - 2009 Old Chappell Hill Rd.
- DO NOT pile bags or trash on top of or around your cart. It will not be collected
- Please also make sure that your cart is not blocked by any vehicles on pick up day
Recyclables to be collected
- Metal Cans - Rinsed steel, tin, and aluminum vegetable, fruit and beverage cans
- Paper Products - Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, brown paper bags, phone books, non-confidential office paper, mixed/white paper, and flattened cardboard
- Plastic #1 & #2 - All colors of plastic will be accepted. Please check the bottom of the carts for #1 or #2 to confirm its acceptance. Do not include bags, wrapping, or packaging
- Glass Bottles and Jars - Rinsed clear and brown glass bottles and jars will be accepted for recycling. Do not include lids
- Brush must be cut into 4-ft length or shorter and put in a separate pile. Please call to schedule a collection for a Wednesday yard waste pickup for a nominal fee
When to place and remove your cart
- Place your cart at the curb in front of your residence by 8 AM on your designated collection day to guarantee collection
- Carts may be placed curbside after 8 PM the day before collection
- Carts must be removed from the curb by 8 PM on the day of collection
Where to Place Carts
- Along the front curb at least 3-ft from other carts, mailboxes, vehicles, trees, telephone poles, water or gas meters, etc.
- The arrows on top of the cart should face the street and the wheels should face your house
Where NOT to place your carts
- On a sidewalk or in the street
- Over sprinkler heads, water or gas meters, or cable/electrical boxes
- Under low-hanging tree limbs or cable/electrical wires
Items not collected
- Dirt, sod, concrete or rock, tires, oil filters, and CFC containing appliances
- Flammable materials such as oil, gas or paint
- Contractor generated debris from construction, remodeling, or demolition
- Hazardous waste, liquids or any other material prohibited from the landfill or Transfer Station
Cart Assistance Program, Recycling Opt-Out, and Reduced Garbage Cart Size Forms:
- BVR - Curbside Guide Brochure
- BVR - Curbside Recycling Opt-out (PDF)
- BVR - Curbside Collection Assistance Application
- BVR - Curbside Collection 65-gallon Cart Application
- BVR - Curbside Additional Container Application (PDF)
- BVR - Recycling Center Service Agreement - for Non-City customers to gain access to recycling drop-off.
How much does it cost
Sanitation & Recycling Rates
Yard Brush Pick-up Rates $15.00/per occurrence
Who to Contact with Questions or Concerns