Parks and Recreation
General Park Hours:
Open 7 days a week
5:00am - 11:00pm
Unless otherwise stated
The City of Brenham has over 280 acres of parkland that consists of developed and undeveloped parks and open space providing a wide variety of recreational opportunities to meet your leisure needs.
Park Rules, Staff, & Contacts
Parks & Recreation Advisory Board - The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board assists the City of Brenham in the planning and operation of the parks and recreation system and reviews and monitors existing operations and considers ways to better utilize existing facilities. The Board's authority is advisory and all recommendations are presented to the City Council for approval before any action is taken.
- Director of Public Works - Dane Rau 979-337-7407
- Parks Superintendent - Casey Redman 979-337-7235
- Assistant Parks Superintendent - Ramsey Walner 979-337-7236
- Community Services Specialist - Crystal Locke 979-337-7254
- Aquatics Superintendent - Tammy Jaster 979-337-7246
- Assistant Aquatics Superintendent - Kelsey Toy 979-337-7260
- Park Central - Reserve 979-337-7250
Our team strives to enrich the quality of life for residents and visitors of all ages by providing access to outdoor space for play and exercise while offering safe and diverse recreational programs and preserving the historic character and natural beauty of the area.
Brenham Tree & Bench Naming Program
Honor a Life. Plant a Legacy
The City of Brenham Parks and Recreation Department would like to provide the opportunity for local organizations and members of our community to enhance and support Brenham’s Park System by organizing a Tree & Bench Donation Program. We have established the following guidelines for a coordinated and consistent effort to solicit and recognize contributions. The guidelines were developed based on research on the best practices of agencies statewide, the needs and resource capabilities of the Parks Department, and the desire of local civic groups and residents to honor people and commemorate special events through monetary contributions.
Brenham Tree & Bench Program is a unique way to enhance the beauty and quality of Brenham parks for many years to come while honoring an organization or a loved one. Donations will be accepted in the following categories:
Living Tree donation ($500)
Planting a memorial tree benefits the community and the environment while also providing a unique and significant tribute to your organization or a loved one.
- The City will choose an appropriate 30–65-gallon size tree that will best conform to weather conditions and surrounding landscape. Trees will be planted when seasonally appropriate and weather permits between November 1-March 1
- Preferred Tree Species: Magnolia, Pecan, Live Oak, Bur Oak, Red Oak, Cedar Elm, Eastern Redbud, and Bald Cypress.
- Preferred Tree Location: Fireman’s, Hattie Mae Flowers, Henderson, Hohlt, Jackson Street, Jerry Wilson, Linda Anderson
Bench donation ($2,500)
A bench provides a way to honor or remember a loved one while offering respite to park visitors to help them enjoy their surroundings.
- Standard bench to give a consistent look throughout our park system.
- Benches will be installed adjacent to sidewalks or trails or near parking lots at any time of the year
- Preferred Bench Location: Fireman’s, Hattie Mae Flowers, Henderson, Hohlt, Jackson Street, Jerry Wilson, Linda Anderson
The City will be responsible for selecting and installing the tree, bench, or other Feature, as applicable. Specific dates of planting or installation of the Feature cannot be guaranteed.
The City will be responsible for the maintenance and care of a Feature after installation. Although the City will make every reasonable attempt to place a tree where irrigation is available, the City is not responsible for replacing trees.
Plaques and Inscriptions
Memorial trees: 4" x 8" bronze plaque with a concrete frame; installed at the foot of the memorial tree.
Memorial benches': 4" x 8" bronze plaque (no concrete fame); installed in the middle of the bench's front side.
Plaque inscriptions 'or memorial trees and benches may contain up to 3 lines
- Line 1: Choose between: In Memory of / In Loving Memory of / In Honor of
- Line 2: Honorees name as you wish it to appear on the plaque
- Line 3: (Optional): Select one: the birth and death dates of honoree or the dedicated memorial date of your choosing