Parks and Recreation
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings, no more than 10 people, including playscapes, pick-up sports, and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from others.
- Play in the open spaces with your loved ones.
- Bring your own play equipment and take it with you when you leave.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence and as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
General Park Hours:
Open 7 days a week
5:00am - 11:00pm
Unless otherwise stated
The City of Brenham has over 280 acres of parkland that consists of developed and undeveloped parks and open space providing a wide variety of recreational opportunities to meet your leisure needs.
Park Rules, Staff, & Contacts
Parks & Recreation Advisory Board - The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board assists the City of Brenham in the planning and operation of the parks and recreation system and reviews and monitors existing operations and considers ways to better utilize existing facilities. The Board's authority is advisory and all recommendations are presented to the City Council for approval before any action is taken.
City StaffAssistant City Manager Lowell Ogle, Jr. 979-337-7593
Director of Public Works Dane Rau 979-337-7407
Parks Superintendent Casey Redman 979-337-7235
Assistant Parks Superintendent Vacant
Community Services Specialist Crystal Locke 979-337-7254
Aquatics Superintendent Tammy Jaster 979-337-7246
Assistant Aquatics Superintendent Kelsey Toy 979-337-7260
Park Central Coordinator Annie Montgomery 979-337-7262
Our team strives to enrich the quality of life for residents and visitors of all ages by providing access to outdoor space for play and exercise while offering safe and diverse recreational programs and preserving the historic character and natural beauty of the area.