Blue Bell Aquatic Center
Fall Hours now in effect
Indoor Pools - Open by appointment only
Monday - Friday: 6:00 am - 1:00 pm (both Therapy and Competition Pools)
4:00 pm - 7:30 pm (Therapy Pool)
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm (Competition Pool)
Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
View and Schedule Appointment - or call 979-337-7250
Outdoor Leisure Pool - Closed for the season
Blue Bell Aquatic Center Operational Policies
We are re-opening our facility on a limited basis. Our operating guidelines will follow all social distancing guidelines and follow all protocol for Preventing Disease Transmission as outlined by the American Red Cross. Our policies will include the following:
- All spectators and guests will be required to follow distancing guidelines as required by Washington County and the State of Texas at all times (currently at 6’).
- All patrons are asked to come dressed for swim.
- Patrons will be given plenty of space between each other.
- Patrons can reserve Time Blocks for Lap Swim & Therapy Swim
- We will limit Swimmers per Pool:
- Competition Pool – Maximum 2 swimmers per lane.
- Therapy Pool – 12 people at one time
- Registration can be done online through BBAC-signup.cityozfbrenham.org
- Swim Lessons are CANCELLED at this time.
- Commonly shared equipment will be properly sanitized at the beginning of every shift and shall not be shared during a shift.
- Aquatics lifeguard staff will follow all personal protective guidelines, which include the use of gloves, pocket masks, and barriers when providing any care for patrons.
- Staff shall clean all door handles and commonly touched surfaces a min of twice a day.
Sign-up for pool appointments - As of May 18, 2020, limited capacity opening of the indoor Competition and Therapy pool. Schedule your time slot so you can come swim.
Located at 1800 E. Tom Green St., Brenham, TX 77833. The Aquatic Center is a beautiful three-pool complex composed of an indoor six-lane competition pool, a heated therapy pool, and the outdoor leisure pool. Each offers a wide variety of benefits to the community. The Blue Bell Aquatic Center offers a number of programs and swimming classes throughout the year.
Renew Active™ by UnitedHealthcare members: The Blue Bell Aquatic Center is a participating location for Renew Active™ For more information, go to myrenewactive.com.
|Depth||3'8" - 5'9"|
The Competition Pool - open year-round
The competition pool is used for both lap and recreational swimming and aerobics classes. It is home to our Brenham High School Swim Team, the Dolphins, and the Brenham Swim Club.
|Depth||3'6" - 4'0"|
Therapy Pool - open year-round
The therapy pool is intended for rehabilitation and gentle water exercise. It is equipped with a wheelchair ramp, and a chair lift.
|Depth||0" - 3'6"|
Leisure Pool - open seasonally Memorial Day - Labor Day
The outdoor ice cream themed pool is perfect for families with small children. Attractions include a Popsicle Walk, Sundae Slide, multi-spray and slides, and our Big Yellow Slide.
Parties During Regular Operating Hours
Book a pool party! You can party at the Blue Bell Aquatic Center all year round! We have a party hostess on staff to assist you with your party planning needs. Food packages and party guidelines are listed below. Stop by the Blue Bell Aquatic Center or call 979-337-7250 to learn about party options and to book your party today!
Private Parties After Hours
Private parties must be reserved at least two weeks prior to the event; $100 deposit is required. Fee includes guests' admission and lifeguard coverage. No alcohol or glass containers are permitted inside the facility. All rules which apply to the general public must be observed.
Private Party Times
|Spring/Fall Hours (Indoor Only)||Summer Hours|
|Friday:||7:30pm - 9:30pm||9:00am - 11:00am; 7:30pm - 9:30pm|
|Saturday:||1:30pm - 3:30pm||7:30pm - 9:30pm|
|Sunday:||NO SUNDAY||5:15pm - 7:15pm; 7:30pm - 9:30pm|
|Rates:||Therapy - $200 Competition - $250||Outdoor Leisure - $300|
Bring your own food: $50 (Summer Parties Only; Fall/Spring - Bring your own food FREE)
Parties During Operating Hours:
All parties must be reserved at least two weeks prior to the event; a $25 non-refundable deposit is required to hold date & time. You may bring cake and decorations. Single-serve juice boxes are allowed. No other outside food or drinks are allowed. The birthday child is FREE.
Spring/Fall (Comp Pool Only)
|Friday:||4:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Saturday:||10:00am - 1:00pm|
|Packages:||Splashtacular $75 - 3 hours room rental; $4/additional person|
|Friday:||11:00am - 1:00pm; 2:00pm - 4:00pm; 5:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Saturday:||11:00am - 1:00pm; 2:00pm - 4:00pm; 5:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Sunday:||2:00pm - 4:00pm|
- *Snack Packs include: 20oz drink & ice cream cup
- **Meal Packs include: your choice of food (hotdog, corndog, or Frito pie), 20oz drink & ice cream cup
- Packages Include:
- Admission for 8 people
- 6 tables & 16 chairs (Pavilion has 8 Picnic Tables)
- Setup of Tables
- Teardown of tables
- 30 minutes of prep time
- Bring your own food: $50 (Summer Parties Only; Fall/Spring - Bring your own food FREE)
- Extra time: $60 - 3 hours
- Extra Tables $5/table (if available)
Rules of Admission
- All individuals entering the aquatics facility must pay the admission fee.
- Admittance to the pool may be refused for the following reasons:
- Under the Influence of Alcohol and /or Drugs
- Open sores or wounds
- Any type of contagious disease
- Any person, in the opinion of the Aquatics Coordinator, whose admittance would be detrimental to the operation of the pool
- Children twelve (12) years of age and under shall be accompanied and directly supervised by a Responsible Person.
Note: A "Responsible Person" is a person sixteen (16) years of age and older capable of caring for a child at the Aquatic Center under these guidelines:
- Sixteen (16) and seventeen (17) year olds can supervise up to 2 children under the age of twelve (12).
- An eighteen (18) year old and older can supervise up to 5 children under the age of twelve (12).
- A Responsible Person shall stay within reach of a child under the age of 5 at all times.
- The Responsible Person shall stay in close proximity and within reach of a child between the ages of 5 and twelve (12) while in a pool unless the child has successfully passed a swim test administered by designated aquatic personnel.
- Proper swim attire will be worn for the safety and continued enjoyment of the water.
- Acceptable Swim Attire: Lined Swim Suit
* Synthetic shirts may be worn for medical reasons
- Prohibited Attire: Cotton t-shirts, street clothes, cutoffs, thongs
- Children of toilet training age will be required to wear swim diapers while swimming. Do not change diapers on the pool deck. Changing tables are available in the locker rooms and the family changing room.
- Lockers are available in the changing areas for daily use. We encourage patrons to bring a lock to secure their belongings. The lock must be removed before leaving the facility. Aquatic Center employees are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
General Pool Rules
- Everyone must take a shower before entering the pool.
- Walk on the deck area, in building hallways, entrances, and exits.
- Profane or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed in the facility. Food or drinks are not allowed inside the pool areas. Exception: water bottles are permitted in.
- You must be involved in a program or swimming activity to remain in the facility. No loitering.
- No smoking, use of drugs, chewing gum, or alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the facility.
- No diving.
- No public display of affection. (PDA)
- No horseplay allowed, e.g. dunking, pushing, shoving, or rough play.
- No breath-holding contests. Excessive breath holding can cause unexpected blackouts.
- Slider must be at least 48" (4 feet) tall to slide down the Big Yellow Slide. (slide manufacturer rule) 40" - 48" guests can take and pass a swim test in order to be allowed to slide.
- Lifeguards will enforce all facility rules as adopted by the City of Brenham.
Rule Enforcement & ViolationsWhen rules are broken, the following consequences will be carried out by the lifeguards on duty:
Consequences for violation of pool rules:
- 1st Offense - verbal warning.
- 2nd Offense - 30 minutes on the bench.
- 3rd Offense - Pool privileges revoked for the rest of the day.
- 4th Offense - Pool privileges revoked for 1 week.
- 5th Offense - Pool privileges revoked for the remainder of the year.
Competition Pool Rules
Listed below are rules specific for the competition pool in addition to the general pool rules, which will be enforced in the City of Brenham Aquatic Program to ensure not only your safety but also your enjoyment while swimming in this pool.
- Water shoes can be worn in the pool and must be put on after entering the facility.
- Starting blocks will be marked CLOSED and only used by the swimmer(s), under the direct supervision of trained coaches or instructors.
Therapy Pool Rules
Listed below are rules specific for the therapy pool in addition to the general pool rules, which will be enforced by the City of Brenham Aquatic Program to ensure not only your safety but also your enjoyment while swimming in this pool.
- Water shoes may be worn in the pool and must be put on after entering the facility.
- The therapy pool is available for children 3 and under, accompanied by an adult, and persons over the age of eighteen (18). This is NOT a recreation pool as it is a warm water therapy pool and should be used as such.
- Children ages eighteen (18) and under must have medical permission on file with the Aquatic Center Office and accompanied by an adult over the age of eighteen (18).
- Equipment (exercise, swim lesson, swim team, etc.) will be neatly stored in designated storage areas, assigned by Blue Bell Aquatic Center staff while not in use.
- Slider must be at least 48" (4 feet) tall. (slide manufacturer rule) 40" - 48" guests can take and pass a swim test in order to be allowed to slide.
- Follow the instruction of the dispatch guard.
- No swimming in the slide zone.
- One person at a time on the slide. No trains.
- Stay in a single file line before and on the steps. No cutting.
- Eyeglasses must be securely affixed to riders with head straps.
- Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation are not permitted.
- No arm floats or floaties are allowed on the slide.
- Slide must be ridden feet first lying on your back or in a sitting position.
- Riders must wait for the lifeguard's start signal before starting the ride.
- Keep arms and hands inside the flumes at all times.
- At the end of the slide, obey all instructions by the lifeguard and exit quickly.
Slide Swim Test
- If a child is at least 40" tall and under 48" tall and wishes to ride the BBAC Big Yellow Slide, they must be able to swim unaided and without any flotation device from the bottom of the slide to the stairs in the catch pool.
- A Swim Test will be given by the Head Guard or Management Staff on duty.
- A Swim Test will be taken with a lifeguard in the water with them in case they are not able to complete the test.
- When a child passes this test with confidence, they will receive a BBAC Wristband indicating to the lifeguards they have passed their swim test.
- After completing the Slide Test the child will need to check-in by name whether or not they have a pass upon returning to the BBAC in order to receive their wristband.