Brenham-Washington County Hotel Occupancy Tax Board
Meeting Schedule: Bi-monthly, 2nd Wednesday at 10:00 am
Staff Liaison: Jeana Bellinger
|Position||Board Members||Term Expires December 31|
In May 2010 the City of Brenham and Washington County entered into an Interlocal Agreement to jointly establish the Brenham-Washington County Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Board. The purpose and responsibility of the HOT Board will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- To recommend allocation of hotel occupancy tax funds as authorized by the Texas Tax Code, Chapters 351 and 352;
To receive and review applications from organizations requesting funds;
- To recommend to the governing bodies of the City and County allocation of hotel occupancy tax funding; and
- To review the actual expenditures of hotel occupancy tax funds.
The HOT Board is comprised of nine (9) members:
- Seven (7) members (Member Positions 1-7) will be appointed by the City of Brenham City Council to three (3) year, staggered, terms; and
- Two (2) members (Member Positions 8-9) will be appointed by the Washington County Commissioners Court to two (2) year, staggered, terms
Members shall be appointed to staggered three (3) year terms, ending in December of each calendar year. The City Manager shall designate a Staff Liaison to perform support services, prepare agendas, post meeting notices, and prepare the minutes of the Board meetings. The Board members shall elect a Chairperson and a Vice-Chairperson, whose terms shall be for a period of one (1) year.