Saturday, May 4, 2019 - Mayor, Councilmember Wards 2 & 4
A General Election will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2019. The citizens of Brenham will be electing one Mayor, one Councilmember for Place 2 - Ward 2 and one Councilmember for Place 4 - Ward 4. All position will be for a four (4) year term.
Candidate packets ready for pick-up: Thursday, January 10, 2019
The first day to file for a place on the ballot: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Last day to file for a place on the ballot: Friday, February 15, 2019
Last Day for a candidate to withdraw: Friday, February 22, 2019
Drawing for order of names on the ballot: Monday, February 25, 2019
The first day of early voting: Monday, April 22, 2019
Last day of early voting: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Election Day: Saturday, May 4, 2019
To run for City Council you must:
- have been a resident of the City and any Ward you wish to represent for a period of 12 months immediately preceding the election;
- be at least 21 years of age, when elected;
- not be indebted to the City; and
- not be interested in the sale to the City of any supplies, equipment, materials or articles.
APPLICATION FOR A PLACE ON THE BALLOT
If you would like to file an application for a place on the Special Election ballot, please stop by the City Secretary's office in City Hall (200 W. Vulcan St., Suite 203) and pick up a Candidate Packet.
Applications for a place on the December 2018 Special Election ballot will be accepted by the City Secretary, during normal business hours, beginning on Monday, September 10, 2018, through Monday, October 8, 2018. The deadline to file for a place on the Special Election ballot is 5:00 p.m. on October 8, 2018.
Additional election information for the May 4, 2019, General Election
- 2019 General Election Order - English & Spanish
- 2019 General Election Important Dates
- Notice of Required Identification - English & Spanish
- Voter Information - English & Spanish
- Notice to Voter - English & Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions for 2019
- Where do I Vote?
Download Ward Maps: