Rules of Admission
- 1. All individuals entering pool must pay with the exception of children ages 3 and under who may enter for $2.00 Non summer and $3.00 in the Summer.
- Admittance to the pool may be refused for the
- Under the Influence of Alcohol and /or Drugs
- Open sores or wounds
- Any type of contagious disease
- Any person, in the opinion of the Aquatics Coordinator, whose admittance would be detrimental to the operation of the pool
- Children twelve (12) years of age and under shall be
accompanied and directly supervised by a Responsible Person.
Note: A "Responsible Person" is a person sixteen years of age and older capable of caring for a child at the Aquatic Center under these guidelines:
- Sixteen and seventeen year olds can supervise up to two children under the age of twelve.
- An eighteen year old and older can supervise up to five children under the age of twelve.
- A Responsible Person shall stay within reach of a child under age of 5 at all times.
- The Responsible Person shall stay in close proximity and within reach of a child between the ages of five and eleven while in a pool, unless the child has successfully passed a swim test administered by designated aquatic personnel.
- Proper swim attire will be worn for the safety and continued
enjoyment of the water.
- Acceptable Swim Attire: Lined Swim Suit
* Synthetic shirts may be worn for medical reasons
- Prohibited Attire: Cotton t-shirts, street clothes, cutoffs, thongs
- Children of toilet training age will be required to wear swim diapers while swimming. Do not change diapers on the pool deck. Changing tables are available in the locker rooms and the family changing room.
- Lockers are available in the changing areas for daily use.
We encourage patrons to bring a lock to secure their belongings.
The lock must be removed before leaving the facility. Aquatic
Center employees are not responsible for lost, stole or damaged
General Pool Rules
- Everyone must take a shower before entering the pool.
- Walk on the deck area, in building hallways, entrances, and exits.
- Profane or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed in the facility. Food or drinks are not allowed inside the pool areas.
- You must be involved in a program or swimming activity to remain in the facility. No loitering.
- No smoking, use of drugs, chewing gum, or alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the facility.
- No diving.
- No public display of affection. (PDA)
- No horseplay allowed, i.e. dunking, pushing, shoving, or rough play.
- No breath holding contests. Excessive breath holding can cause unexpected blackouts.
- Patrons must be 48in to slide down the BIG YELLOW SLIDE, no exceptions as these are regulations set from the manufacture. Lifeguards will enforce all facility rules as adopted by the City of Brenham.
Rule Enforcement & Violations
When rules are broken, the following consequences will be carried out by the lifeguards on duty:
Consequences for violation of pool rules:
1st Offense - verbal warning.
2nd Offense - 30 minutes on the bench.
3rd Offense - Pool privileges revoked for the rest of the day.
4th Offense - Pool privileges revoked for 1 week.
5th Offense - Pool privileges revoked for remainder of the year.
Aquatics Coordinator or Head Guard reserves the right to eject anyone from the pool immediately whose actions are detrimental to the health and safety of others.
Competition Pool Rules
Listed below are rules specific for the competition pool in addition to the general pool rules, which will be enforced in the City of Brenham Aquatic Program to ensure not only your safety, but also your enjoyment while swimming in this pool.
- Water shoes can be worn in the pool and must be put on after
entering the facility.
- Starting blocks will be marked CLOSED and only used by the swimmer(s), under the direct supervision of trained coaches, or instructors.
Therapy Pool Rules
Listed below are rules specific for the therapy pool in addition to the general pool rules, which will be enforced by the City of Brenham Aquatic Program to ensure not only your safety but also your enjoyment while swimming in this pool.
- Water shoes may be worn in the pool and must be put on after entering the facility.
- The therapy pool is available for children 3 and under, accompanied by an adult, and persons over the age of 18. This is NOT a recreation pool as it is a warm water therapy pool and should be used as such.
- Children ages 18 and under must have a medical permission on file with the Aquatic Center Office and accompanied by an adult over the age 18.
- Equipment (Exercise, swim lesson, swim team, etc.) will be neatly stored in designated storage areas, assigned by Blue Bell Aquatic Center staff while not in use.
- Slider must be at least 48 inches tall. (slide manufacturer rule)
- Follow instruction of the dispatch guard.
- No swimming in the slide zone.
- One person at a time on slide. No trains.
- Stay in single file line before and on the steps. No cutting.
- Eyeglasses must be securely affixed to riders with head straps.
- Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation are not permitted.
- No arm floats or floaties are allowed on the slide.
- Slide must be ridden feet first lying on your back or in a sitting position.
- Riders must wait for the lifeguard’s start signal before starting the ride.
- Keep arms and hands inside the flumes at all times.
- At the end of the slide, obey all instructions by the lifeguard and exit quickly.